Formerly titled “Launchpad,” the Comet Accelerator is a ten-week, experiential program that pulls faculty, staff, and current students into an environment that incubates ideas and engages prospective customers in preparation for the launch of a new business concept.
The UT Dallas Comet Accelerator program is a ten-week program will work hands on with up to 8-10 student teams who are pursuing the launch of a new business concept and will be offered twice annually on Friday mornings in the Venture Development Center (ROC) from 8-11 a.m. for 10 weeks in the fall and spring.
On the final day of class (April 14th), teams will give a final 10-minute pitch. Judging will be done peer-to-peer style and 1 winner will be chosen for a $2,500 cash prize to go towards their venture. In order to qualify for the final pitch, all teams must have at least 1 representative present at all prior class meetings. Registration open to current UTD students only.
Click here to register!
Key Dates for Spring 2017
- 1/27/17 – Applications due
- 1/30/17 – Teams announced by e-mail
- 2/3/17 – Week 1: Intros/The Elevator Pitch
- 2/10/17 – Week 2: Customer Development/Business Model Canvas
- 2/17/17 – Week 3: MVP/Design Thinking/Value Proposition
- 2/24/17 – Week 4: Channels/Legal Structures/Customer Segments
- 3/3/17 – Week 5: Pitch Development/Startup Financials
- 3/10/17 – Week 6: Revenue Models/Mid-Term Pitches
- 3/24/17 – Week 7: Fundraising/Customer Relations/Building a Team
- 3/31/17 – Week 8: IP/Resources & Costs/Partners
- 4/7/17 – Week 9: Executive Summary/Entrepreneur’s Toolbox
- 4/14/17 – Week 10: Final Pitches
For more information, please contact Tara Vornkahl at firstname.lastname@example.org