2016 BIC Winners Announced
Congratulations to the following teams for being selected as the top 3 BIC winners! All teams presented on November 28th to a panel of judges where 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners were announced:
- 1st Place ($15K): Skin Aware Medical
- 2nd Place ($5K): UniBees
- 3rd Place ($2.5K): Geekstyr
Calling All Innovators and Entrepreneurs!
Held annually, the UT Dallas Business Idea Competition gives both undergraduate and graduate students from every school on campus the opportunity to develop and present their business ideas while competing for $20,000 in cash and scholarship prizes. Please contact IIE Assistant Director, firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Click here to see past winners!
2016 BIC Final Event
The University of Texas at Dallas, Institute for Innovation and Entrepreneurship invites you to attend our annual Business Idea Competition Final Pitch Event. This year over 100 student startups competed for $20,000 in cash prizes. The top 7 student teams will present to celebrity judges and hundreds of audience members on Monday, November 28th from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Click here to register (only open to UTD students, faculty, and staff)
This year we have amazing local business and entrepreneurship community judges who will be awarding the final prizes to the top 3 teams:
John Olajide, President & CEO – Axxess (2016 BIC Title Sponsor)
The final event is only open to UTD students, faculty, and staff. Please contact Assistant Director, Tara Vornkahl: email@example.com for questions.
- BIC applications open: Monday, August 22nd – Monday, October 10th (11:59 P.M.)
- BIC Kick-Off Event: Wednesday, September 7th 4:00 P.M. – 6:00 P.M. (Davidson Auditorium JSOM 1.118)
- Semifinalists announced: Monday, October 24th
- BIC Semifinals: Friday, November 11th (closed judging rounds)
- BIC Final: Monday, November 28th 2016 4:oo-7:00 P.M. (click here to register)
Online submissions are due on October 10th, by 11:59 pm. Copies of the online entry form can be found at BIC 2016 Entry Form (https://goo.gl/TaiAZZ ). All submissions will be evaluated by a panel of reviewers. The top 25 submissions will be selected as semifinalists and will be announced on Monday, October 24th on both the IIE website and via email to all participants. The semi-final round will be held on Friday, November 11th and the final competition will be held on Monday, November 28th. Semi-finalists will present their ideas to a groups of judges in a morning session not open to the public, with the top 5 teams moving on to the final competition. At the final, teams will present their ideas to a different panel of judges. Winners will be announced at the end of the competition’s program.
Eligibility to compete in the 2016 Business Idea Competition is subject to the following criteria:
- Teams are encouraged to have between 2-5 members.
- All members of a team competing must be currently registered students at an accredited academic institution. A majority of the members of the team must be currently registered (Fall 2016) UT Dallas students.
- Teams may consist of a mix of student status (i.e. undergrad, graduate, Ph.D., and post-doc).
- Prior year winners may compete, but not with the same or similar business idea.
- Teams may submit more than 1 entry. However, only 1 entry per team will be selected for advancement to the semi-finals.
2016 Competition Sponsors