Calling All Innovators and Entrepreneurs!
Held annually, the UT Dallas Big Idea Competition (previously called the “Business Idea Competition”) gives both undergraduate and graduate students from every school on campus the opportunity to develop and present their business ideas while competing for cash and scholarship prizes.
The event is open to all UTD students, faculty, staff, alumni and community members.
- BIC applications open: August 24th
- BIC Kick-Off Event: September 7th
- BIC applications close: October 13th
- Semifinalists announced: October 20th
- BIC Semifinals: November 3rd
- BIC Final: November 16th
Categories: 2017 Winners
First Place – (Neuro Rehab VR)
Second Place – (cThrough)
Third Place – (Alta Air)
Best Social Enterprise – (Skyven Technologies)
Biggest Idea/Most Innovative – (Brain Performance Institute)
Best Undergraduate Idea – (Alta Air)
Diversity/Inclusion – (Neuro Rehab VR)
Friday, October 13th, by 11:59 pm online submissions are due
Monday, October 20th the top 25 submissions will be selected as semifinalists
Friday, November 3rd the semi-final rounds will be held in a morning session not open to the public, with the top 5 teams moving on to the final competition.
Thursday, November 16th is the final competition
Eligibility to compete in the 2017 Big Idea Competition is subject to the following criteria:
- Teams are encouraged to have between 2-5 members.
- All members of a team competing must be currently registered students at an accredited academic institution. A majority of the members of the team must be currently registered UT Dallas students.
- Teams may consist of a mix of student status (i.e. undergrad, graduate, Ph.D., and post-doc).
- Prior year winners may compete, but not with the same or similar business idea.
- Teams may submit more than 1 entry. However, only 1 entry per team will be selected for advancement to the semi-finals.