Held annually, the UT Dallas Big Idea Competition (previously called the “Business Idea Competition”) gives both undergraduate and graduate students from every school on campus the opportunity to develop and present their business ideas while competing for $20,000 in cash and scholarship prizes.
BIC 2017 Final Pitch Registration (Click Here)
Reserve your seat at the BIC 2017 Final Pitch event on Thursday, Nov. 16 @ 6:30 – 8:00 p.m. The event is open to all UTD students, faculty, staff, and community member.
BIC 2017 Application Is Now Closed!
- BIC applications open: August 24th
- BIC Kick-Off Event: September 7th
- BIC applications close: October 13th
- Semifinalists announced: October 20th
- BIC Semifinals: November 3rd
- BIC Final: November 16th
First Place – (enrolled students including Ph.D. candidates)
Second Place – (enrolled students including Ph.D. candidates)
Third Place – (enrolled students including Ph.D. candidates)
Best Social Enterprise – (enrolled student/Ph.D./Faculty/Alumni)
Biggest Idea/Most Innovative – (enrolled student/Ph.D./Faculty/Alumni)
Best Undergraduate Idea – (enrolled undergraduate student only)
Diversity – (enrolled student/Ph.D./Faculty/Alumni)
–Friday, October 13th, by 11:59 pm online submissions are due
–Monday, October 20th the top 25 submissions will be selected as semifinalists
–Friday, November 3rd the semi-final rounds will be held in a morning session not open to the public, with the top 5 teams moving on to the final competition.
–Thursday, November 16th is the final competition
Eligibility to compete in the 2017 Big Idea Competition is subject to the following criteria:
- Teams are encouraged to have between 2-5 members.
- All members of a team competing must be currently registered students at an accredited academic institution. A majority of the members of the team must be currently registered UT Dallas students.
- Teams may consist of a mix of student status (i.e. undergrad, graduate, Ph.D., and post-doc).
- Prior year winners may compete, but not with the same or similar business idea.
- Teams may submit more than 1 entry. However, only 1 entry per team will be selected for advancement to the semi-finals.