To celebrate Penfolds’ first chief winemaker, Max Schubert, who pioneered the Australian wine industry, Penfolds invites promising entrepreneurs to compete for $33,000 in capital investment to bring their innovative idea life. Representing $1,000 for each of Schubert’s 33 years at the onset of this post, the prize money will be granted to one organization deemed by the public and an esteemed panel of judges to have the most innovative idea. Sponsored by the new Penfolds Max’s wine collection, the contest opens Oct. 2, and the winner will be announced Dec. 14.
Max Schubert was a revolutionary force at Penfolds and in Australia’s winemaking community, exhibiting an entrepreneurial spirit and embracing Penfolds’ values of innovation, bravery, and determination that eventually put Penfolds on the global stage. Penfolds Max’s wines are a tribute to Schubert, and this competition further salutes a man who would appreciate the creativity and perseverance exhibited by American entrepreneurs today.”
Emma Brown, Penfolds Marketing Director
- Oct 03 – Applications Open
- Oct 22 – Applications Close
- Oct 30 – Top 10 Announced | Live Voting Starts
- Nov 19 – Live Voting Ends
- Dec 04 – Top 3 Announced
- Dec 14 – Winner Announced
- Applicants must be over the age of 21.
- Startups must be fewer than 4 years old at time of application.
- Startups must have no more than $4MM USD funding at time of application.
- Startups must have a live and viable product.
- Startups must be INNOVATIVE! – Make sure to describe and exhibit why your company is disruptive and exciting in your application.
Application link and more information at http://maxs.penfolds.com/.
The Institute for Innovation and Entrepreneurship at UT Dallas is proud to partner with Penfolds in this competition.