Calling All Innovators and Entrepreneurs!
Held annually, in the fall, the UT Dallas Big Idea Competition (previously called the “Business Idea Competition”) gives both undergraduate and graduate students from every school on campus the opportunity to develop and present their business ideas while competing for cash and scholarship prizes.
The event is open to all UTD students, faculty, staff, alumni and community members.
Eligibility to compete in the Big Idea Competition is subject to the following criteria:
- Teams are encouraged to have between 2-5 members.
- All members of a team competing must be currently registered students at an accredited academic institution. A majority of the members of the team must be currently registered UT Dallas students.
- Teams may consist of a mix of student status (i.e. undergrad, graduate, Ph.D., and post-doc).
- Prior year winners may compete, but not with the same or similar business idea.
- Teams may submit more than 1 entry. However, only 1 entry per team will be selected for advancement to the semi-finals.