The UT Dallas Seed Fund, a program of the Institute for Innovation and Entrepreneurship, invests exclusively in technology startups founded by UTD students, faculty, staff, alumni and other program affiliates. The UT Dallas Seed Fund seeks to invest in early-stage businesses with inventions, discoveries, products or services that have achieved proof of concept (or a prototype) and are ready for commercial product development.
APPLICATION AND ELIGIBILITY
- Affiliation with UT Dallas.
- Technology has achieved proof of concept or prototype and is ready for commercial product development.
- Strong value proposition and clear points of differentiation.
- Large addressable markets.
- Business capable of generating venture scale returns (>5x return on invested capital).
- Founding team has key skills and committed to venture success.
January 11: Applications Open
February 23: Applications Close
March 8: Top candidates selected
March 23: Secondary applications due
February 1 – March 30: In-person pitch meetings and product demos
March 30 – April 20: Final due diligence and in-person meetings
April 27: Final recommendations made to the committee
May 4: Investments formally announced
*The dates above are subject to change at any time.
Bryan ChambersProgram Director
Steve GuengerichExecutive Director
Madison PedigoAcademic Director
CollBox simplifies the task of collecting on past due invoices. The platform seamlessly integrates with any cloud accounting software.
FAN GURU is an app, that brings cosplayers, fangirls, video gamers, etc. together to experience their fandoms on a whole new level.
If you are interested in or have any questions, please contact: