The UT Dallas Seed Fund, a program of the Institute for Innovation and Entrepreneurship, invests exclusively in technology startups founded by UTD students, faculty, staff, alumni and other program affiliates. The UT Dallas Seed Fund seeks to invest in early-stage businesses with inventions, discoveries, products or services that have achieved proof of concept (or a prototype) and are ready for commercial product development.
APPLICATION AND ELIGIBILITY
The Fund will consider proposals using the following evaluation criteria:
- Affiliation with UT Dallas.
- Technology has achieved proof of concept or prototype and is ready for commercial product development.
- Strong value proposition and clear points of differentiation.
- Large addressable markets.
- Business capable of generating venture scale returns (>5x return on invested capital).
- Founding team has key skills and committed to venture success.
September 1st: Applications Open
September 30th: Applications Close
October 12th: Top candidates selected
October 26th: Secondary applications due
September 20th – October 31st: In-person pitch meetings and demos
November 1st – November 30th: Final due diligence and in-person meetings
December 4th: Final recommendations made to the committee
Dec 14th: Investments formally announced
*The dates above are subject to change at any time.
Bryan ChambersProgram Director
Steve GuengerichExecutive Director
Madison PedigoAcademic Director
CollBox simplifies the task of collecting on past due invoices. The platform seamlessly integrates with any cloud accounting software.
If you are interested in or have any questions, please contact: