UT Dallas has built a rich history around excellence in academic performance, creating stellar well-rounded individuals, and pioneering future business leaders of America.
Today, there is a growing need to leverage the historically rich environment of investing in entrepreneurial endeavors.
The UT Dallas Seed Fund, a program of the Institute for Innovation and Entrepreneurship, invests exclusively in technology startups founded by UTD students, faculty, staff, alumni and other program affiliates. The UT Dallas Seed Fund seeks to invest in early stage businesses with inventions, discoveries, products or services that have achieved proof of concept (or a prototype) and are ready for commercial product development.
Please direct questions to Bryan Chambers at firstname.lastname@example.org
Criteria and Guidelines
The Fund will consider proposals using the following evaluation criteria:
- Affiliation with UT Dallas.
- Technology has achieved proof of concept or prototype and is ready for commercial product development.
- Strong value proposition and clear points of differentiation.
- Large addressable markets.
- Business capable of generating venture scale returns (>5x return on invested capital).
- Founding team has key skills and committed to venture success.