The UTDesign Startup Challenge leverages experiential learning through the Erik Jonsson School of Engineering and Computer Science’s UTDesign senior capstone course to help bring high-potential technology startups to life. Selected ventures will receive $15,000 of engineering services over one or two semesters, a technical mentor, business coaches, and $5,000 cash to grow the business. The program will culminate in the UTDesign capstone Demo Day where each participating startup will present their working prototype.
Application: Click here!
Criteria and Guidelines
The UTDesign Startup Challenge selection committee will consider proposals using the following evaluation criteria:
- Affiliation with UTD
- Commitment to take CometX or comparable entrepreneurial training program approved by the Blackstone LaunchPad
- Technological challenges and requirements in line with the standards and capabilities of respective engineering seniors. (software, IOT, robotics, etc) learn more
- Clear industry problem, product/company value proposition, and business model.
- Market research, customer discovery exercises, business and product plans, and any operational progress or milestones achieved to date.
- Founding team committed to venture success.
October 1 – Applications Open
October 31 – Applications Close
November 3 – Top candidates narrowed down
November 6-10 – Top candidates interviewed
November 16 – 2 winners announced
*The dates above are subject to change at any time.
Please direct questions to Bryan Chambers at firstname.lastname@example.org