The UTDesign Startup Challenge leverages experiential learning through the Erik Jonsson School of Engineering and Computer Science’s UTDesign senior capstone course to help bring high-potential technology startups to life. Selected ventures will receive $15,000 of engineering services over one or two semesters, a technical mentor, business coaches, and $5,000 cash to grow the business. The program will culminate in the UTDesign capstone Demo Day where each participating startup will present their working prototype.
Criteria and Guidelines
The UTDesign Startup Challenge selection committee will consider proposals using the following evaluation criteria:
- Affiliation with UTD
- Commitment to take CometX or comparable entrepreneurial training program approved by the Blackstone LaunchPad
- Technological challenges and requirements in line with the standards and capabilities of respective engineering seniors. (software, IOT, robotics, etc) learn more
- Clear industry problem, product/company value proposition, and business model.
- Market research, customer discovery exercises, business and product plans, and any operational progress or milestones achieved to date.
- Founding team committed to venture success.
Please direct questions to Bryan Chambers at email@example.com