We are very excited to add Leon Jacobson to our team! Though he may seem new, Leon is a very familiar face among members of our staff. In 2022 Leon earned his MBA with a concentration in both entrepreneurship and marketing from UT Dallas while working on his own startup company.

We asked Leon a few questions to get acquainted:

Tell us a little about you.

Over the last ten years, I have launched Direct-to-Consumer startups in E-Commerce, Advertising, Medical Transportation, and Health Tech, bringing products and services to market with the goal of making a positive impact in people’s lives. Most recently, while I was earning my degree, I was selected as a winner of the Texas Business Hall of Fame “Future Business Legend” award.

While working on my MBA, I was selected as a Venture Fellow at Revtech Ventures, a venture capital firm focused on retail technology, where I created an accelerator program.

I also enjoy guest lecturing for MBA classes on entrepreneurship and venture capital. I am born and raised in Dallas and am married to the most amazing person I know.

What would you like to achieve in your new role?

I really believe my role is to help cultivate the next generation of great entrepreneurs and innovators. If I can help nurture an innovative and cohesive environment within UT Dallas that creates successful startup ventures, that would be incredibly rewarding.  Additionally, being able to be a mentor and positive influence for those looking to build their own businesses would tremendously impactful.

What program or event are you looking forward to most?

As someone who grew up watching Shark Tank, I am obviously excited to help organize and run the Big Idea Competition. This is a uniquely special opportunity for those individuals who are looking to create an innovative venture. I wish I had this type of competition when I was in college. Furthermore, helping students learn about venture capital, fundraising, and all the necessary steps to building a successful startup through our accelerator programs and other events is something I am very excited about.

What’s your mentorship specialty?

Given my entrepreneurial experience as well as having worn the venture capital hat, I believe it allows me to relate to students, wherever they may be across their entrepreneurial journey. I started my first company at 25, but I also grew up watching my dad work extremely hard to be a successful entrepreneur in the retail space here in Dallas. I have seen every facet of the entrepreneurial journey, including the mistakes one makes along the way. I think this lends itself to being a great mentor. I like to be honest, but empathetic and encouraging.