Blackstone LaunchPad helps The University of Texas at Dallas students succeed in entrepreneurship and in their careers. Open to all students and recent alumni in all majors, the campus-based Blackstone LaunchPad enables participants to access mentoring, grow their network, and access the resources to accelerate the success of their business.
The Blackstone LaunchPad network helps students succeed in entrepreneurship and in their careers. Accessible to over 700,000 college students per year, LaunchPad is designed to complement existing entrepreneurship on-campus resources, coordinate off-campus opportunities for schools and students to expand their reach, and convene students and staff at world-class events leveraging our industry-leading mentors, networks, and brands.
Blackstone LaunchPad was developed as part of the Blackstone Charitable Foundation’s Entrepreneurship Initiative, modeled after a successful program at the University of Miami, and is powered by Techstars, the worldwide network that helps entrepreneurs succeed.
Entrepreneurial activity is often the crucial catalyst in the growth of successful businesses, industries, and communities. Research and experience have shown that America’s prosperity hinges on the ability of its businesses to continually innovate and generate new products, services, and ventures. Built on a platform of entrepreneurship, Blackstone and Techstars believe strongly in investing in new enterprises that have the potential to stimulate economic opportunity and deliver enduring value.
- Help transform student ideas into thriving enterprises
- Cultivate entrepreneurship and ignite job growth
- Develop and support innovative programs with the potential to create high-growth businesses.
- Support entrepreneurial ecosystems
- Produce enduring results across the United States and around the world.
- Bottomline: help students succeed in entrepreneurship and in their careers!
Founded in 2007, the Blackstone Charitable Foundation is committed to inspiring entrepreneurship globally. By leveraging the resources and intellectual capital of Blackstone, the Foundation empowers entrepreneurs, generates job growth, and supports the communities in which we live and work.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us
Director - Programs & Operations
Campus Director - Blackstone LaunchPad
Sarah Jane Murdock
Project Coordinator - Venture Mentoring Service of North Texas
Blackstone LaunchPad at UT Dallas is a co-working and event space that was established with a $1M grant from the charitable foundation of the world’s largest private equity firm, Blackstone, creating a 5,000-square foot multi-purpose collaborative space to inspire, accelerate, and support student entrepreneurship.We will continue to monitor the evolving COVID-19 situation and follow university guidance in managing the space.
Fall 2021 Hours:
Monday: 8:00 AM – 5:30 PM
Tuesday: 8:00 AM – 5:30 PM
Wednesday: 8:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Thursday: 8:00 AM – 5:30 PM
Friday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Saturday and Sunday: Closed
2830 Rutford Avenue, Richardson,
TX 75080, USA
RESERVING THE SPACE
To request the space for an event or meeting, please click here.
The Blackstone LaunchPad Stewardship Council brings together a group of campus leaders with a demonstrated commitment to the vision and goals of the university. The Stewardship Council supports the objectives and goals of the Blackstone LaunchPad network to advance the Institution’s mission of research, teaching, and public service. The goal of the Stewardship Council is to drive cross-campus adoption of the program within our own university units while supporting the success of the program university-wide. The Council shall consist of 15-20 members selected by the UT Dallas Blackstone LaunchPad Director and the Texas System Partnership Director. In seeking new members, the Director and Partnership Director will consider the values, reputation, skills and expertise of prospective Council Members.
The UT Dallas Blackstone LaunchPad Stewardship Council commits to the following:
- Understanding, endorsing and serving as an advocate for the Blackstone LaunchPad network
- Actively participating in and attending events of the Blackstone LaunchPad network
- Promote the Blackstone LaunchPad network and its value to the DFW community when interacting with University leaders, alumni, the corporate community, neighbors, donors, and friends
- Advise the Blackstone LaunchPad network on how best to tell its story to the campus community
- Commitment and belief in UT Dallas and the Blackstone LaunchPad network
- Collaborative mindset
- Active participation
- Demonstrated friendliness, personal integrity, sensitivity and tolerance of various views
We are pleased to introduce you to the 2021-2022 UT Dallas Blackstone LaunchPad Stewardship Council: